11-13 May 2012
15 June 2012
The deadline for the delivery and sending of the articles (if available including the visual materials) to be published.
SYMPOSIUM CONTACT INFORMATION
Research Assistant Emine Yelbey
Uludağ University Faculty of Theology (Bursa), International Association Sufi Alawia AISA (Paris) and Şefik Can International Mevlana Education and Culture Association (Istanbul) have collectively planned an international symposium between 11–13 May 2012, in Bursa, Turkey.
The symposium titled “Emir Abd El–Kader” will cover the following topics:
- The life and works of Emir Abd El–Kader, who lived between 1807–1883,
- His peerless spiritual views and thoughts which were admired even by his opponents,
- The close bond between Emir Abd El–Kader and the great sufi and intellectual Muhyiddin Ibn ‘Arabi,
- The movement of freedom and peace which he pioneered will be explained from different aspects by the specialists and researchers who will participate the symposium from different countries.
- Moreover Sheikh Muhammad Zafir Al Medeni, Sheikh Al Medeni and Sheikh Shamil who are the representatives of Emir Abd El-Kader’s universal spirituality are among the spiritual values that will be mentioned with respect and thankfulness.
When the works and activities of Emir Abd El–Kader are examined closely it would be seen that he is among the remarkable values of the human history. The main reason of holding the symposium in Bursa, which is the initial capital of Ottoman Empire, is to remind today’s people what the real aim of the human being must be with a striking example in the high presence of Emir Abd El – Kader.